Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Oncology conducts extensive scientific and clinical research to support its diverse pipeline. Learn more about ongoing initiatives from the publications, abstracts, and presentations below.
Cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 9 and 4/6 inhibitors in acute myeloid leukemia (AML): a promising therapeutic approach
Lee DJ, Zeidner JF.
Myeloid cell leukemia-1 dependence in acute myeloid leukemia: a novel approach to patient therapy
Kadia TM, Kantarjian HM, Konopleva M.
A randomized trial of three novel regimens for recurrent acute myeloid leukemia demonstrates the continuing challenge of treating this difficult disease
Litzow MR, Wang XV, Carroll MP, et al.
Current and emerging therapies for patients with acute myeloid leukemia: a focus on MCL-1 and the CDK9 pathway
Lyle L, Daver N.
Final results of a randomized multicenter phase II study of alvocidib, cytarabine, and mitoxantrone versus cytarabine and daunorubicin (7 + 3) in newly diagnosed high-risk acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
Zeidner JF, Foster MC, Blackford AL, et al.
Exposure-response analysis of alvocidib (flavopiridol) treatment by bolus or hybrid administration in newly diagnosed or relapsed/refractory acute leukemia patients
LaCerte C, Ivaturi V, Gobburu J, et al.
Flavopiridol enhances ABT-199 sensitivity in unfavourable-risk multiple myeloma cells in vitro and in vivo
Zhou L, Zhang Y, Sampath D, et al.
Combined venetoclax and alvocidib in acute myeloid leukemia
Bogenberger J, Whatcott C, Hansen N, et al.
Phase 1 study of napabucasin, a cancer stemness inhibitor, in patients with advanced solid tumors
Kawazoe A, Kuboki Y, Bando H, et al.
Bioactivation of napabucasin triggers reactive oxygen species-mediated cancer cell death
Froeling FEM, Mosur Swamynathan M, Deschênes A, et al.
Evaluation of tumor cell-tumor microenvironment component interactions as potential predictors of patient response to napabucasin
Chang A-Y, Hsu E, Patel J, et al.
Overview of cancer stem cells and stemness for community oncologists
Lathia JD, Liu H.
Napabucasin: an update on the first-in-class stemness inhibitor
Hubbard JM, Grothey A.
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells from ibrutinib treated patients are sensitive to Axl receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy
Sinha S, Boysen JC, Chaffee KG, et al.
TP-0903 inhibits neuroblastoma cell growth and enhances the sensitivity to conventional chemotherapy
Aveic S, Corallo D, Porcù E, et al.
PIM1 (Moloney murine leukemia provirus integration site) inhibition decreases the nonhomologous end-joining DNA damage repair signaling pathway in pulmonary hypertension
Lampron MC, Vitry G, Nadeau V, et al.
TRAF3 regulates the oncogenic proteins Pim2 and c-Myc to restrain survival in normal and malignant B cells
Whillock AL, Mambetsariev N, Lin WW, Stunz LL, Bishop GA.
Recent Abstracts and Presentations
2020 ASCO Virtual Scientific Program
- A phase I, first-in-human, open-label, dose escalation, safety, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic study of oral TP-1287 administered daily to patients with advanced solid tumors (Abstract)
- A phase I, first-in-human, open-label, dose-escalation, safety, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic study of oral TP-3654 administered daily for 28 Days to patients with advanced solid tumors (Abstract)
- A phase 1b/2, multicenter, open-label study of DSP-7888 dosing emulsion in combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors (CPI) nivolumab or pembrolizumab in adult patients (pts) with advanced solid tumors, including platinum-resistant ovarian cancer (PROC) (Abstract)
2020 EHA Virtual Annual Meeting
- Zella-101: phase 1 study of alvocidib followed by 7+3 induction in newly diagnosed AML (Abstract)
2020 AACR Virtual Annual Meeting
- Pharmacodynamic biomarker strategies for CDK9 inhibition
2019 SITC Annual Meeting, National Harbor, MD
- Multicenter, open-label, phase 1 study of DSP-7888 dosing emulsion (DSP-7888) in patients with advanced malignancies (Abstract)
- A first-in-human phase 1, multicenter trial of toll-like receptor (TLR) 7 agonist DSP-0509 as monotherapy and in combination with pembrolizumab in adult patients with advanced solid tumors (Abstract)
2018 ESMO World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer, Barcelona, Spain
- CanStem 303C trial: a phase 3 study of napabucasin (NAPA) in combination with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), leucovorin, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) in adult patients (pts) with previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)
- CanStem 111P trial: a phase 3 study of napabucasin (NAPA) plus nab-paclitaxel (nPTX) with gemcitabine (Gem) in adult patients with metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma (mPDAC)
2018 ASCO Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL
- A randomized, multicenter phase 2 study of DSP-7888 dosing emulsion in combination with bevacizumab (Bev) versus Bev alone in patients with recurrent or progressive glioblastoma (Abstract)
- Phase 1b/2 trial of cancer stemness inhibitor napabucasin (NAP) + nab-paclitaxel (nPTX) and gemcitabine (Gem) in metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma (mPDAC) (Abstract)
- The BRIGHTER trial: a phase 3 randomized double-blind study of napabucasin (NAPA) plus paclitaxel (PTX) versus placebo (PBO) plus PTX in patients (pts) with pretreated advanced gastric and gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma (Abstract)
- A phase 1b study of napabucasin (NAPA) + weekly paclitaxel (PTX) in patients (pts) with advanced thymoma and thymic carcinoma (Abstract)