Develop and execute the enterprise IT strategy for the G&A, R&D, and commercial functions in the US Oncology organization, including IT governance, risk & compliance, technology due diligence and selection, project management, telecommunications infrastructure and the service delivery model. This position will report to the SVP, CFO.
- Develop short-term and long-term IT strategy for the company. Oversee development and evolution of the IT roadmap, including prioritization and sequencing of key systems
- Evaluate and implement systems and processes required to support commercialization of first product
- Build and maintain an appropriate, top-flight technology team by attracting and retaining key talent, and fostering talent development programs that build business acumen, customer centricity, and IT leadership skills.
- Identify opportunities for automation and execute plans to automate, maximizing the IT development productivity.
- Balance the technical aspects of the position with the ability to integrate the company’s corporate strategy with IT priorities, taking operational, cybersecurity, data privacy and compliance risk into consideration, while balancing fiscal responsibility.
- Accountable for audit compliance, cyber security, disaster recovery and business continuity processes and initiatives. Provide guidance on adjusting controls as required through new technologies and new company mergers/acquisitions.
- Implement and oversee all IT policies, procedures, and plans for security, desktops, infrastructure, and systems based upon industry-standard practices, along with SOX, FDA, and privacy and data protection requirements for IT.
- Oversee the operations of the IT organization including corporate/enterprise systems, commercial systems, R&D systems, infrastructure, and IT security & compliance.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development to meet the Company’s needs and standards.
- Establish strong working relationships with the other senior Oncology leaders in the capacity of a trusted advisor on IT matters.
- Strategically manage the IT project portfolio including the sequencing of projects, budgeting and planning, tracking and resolving issues and risks, managing the dependencies across projects, and reporting relevant information to the stakeholders.
- Communicate business technology strategies and plans to key stakeholders.
- Assess new and emerging technologies in context of the company’s strategy in order to maximize contribution of technology to business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with parent company and affiliates and perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum of 15+ years of business process and technology experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry, including a minimum of 5-7 years senior management level experience.
- Strong understanding of 21 CFR Part 11
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Previous involvement with NDA filings is desirable.
- Experience developing, leading, and successfully executing an IT vision and direction including developing long and short-term strategic IT plans, developing financial analyses, and translating budgeted plans into tactical, actionable operational initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience attracting and developing strong IT talent.
- Ability to manage, coach, and mentor high functioning IT teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a variety of stakeholders including all employees, senior management, as well as external partners and vendors.
- Ability to proactively and confidently engage with key stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business’ evolving IT needs, develop and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions, and explain technology-related issues to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in a Sarbanes-Oxley-compliant environment.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Equal Opportunity Employer
California residents, please visit www.SDPOncology.com/CAprivacynotice for information on our privacy practices.