Lead and oversee the finance, accounting, information technology and facilities functions to ensure policies, systems and practices support the needs of the oncology business and align to parent company requirements. Serve as a strategic partner to the CEO, executive team and finance organizations in parent company and affiliates on the full range of financial, accounting, information technology and facilities (US only) related activities spanning multiple locations in the US and Japan. Play a critical role in helping the organization achieve its business growth objectives. Build and lead a high performing team that can adeptly support the execution of the company's business growth objectives. Balance strategic initiatives with highly compliant, detail-oriented and efficient systems and processes.
- Lead the finance, accounting and information technology functions to support the corporate strategies of a rapidly growing subsidiary.
- Manages all aspects of the Finance, Administrative Operations, and Information Technology functions, demonstrating leadership to the organization in the way that these functions are organized, managed and consistently achieve high performance results.
- Liaise effectively with parent company and Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma America, Inc. (SDPA- shared services) and other subsidiaries to ensure that the company’s finance and accounting activities and reporting are aligned with parent company guidance and direction, while promoting a highly collaborative operating culture.
- Prepare and steward efficient month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet, income statement and reconciliations.
- Design and implement the processes, procedures, systems and business disciplines necessary to advance the business as it matures, including for revenue recognition, gross-to-net calculations, government price reporting, transparency on HCP payments, inventory tracking and other compliance and pricing disclosure requirements.
- Manage the audit process and ensure that the company has a strong financial infrastructure and internal controls required to support continued growth consistent with federal and state reporting requirements.
- Oversee cash management and ensure timely management of payables, receivables and affiliate loan agreements.
- Oversee tax strategy, including optimizing legal and capital structures, as well as filing all tax returns in concert with parent and other affiliates.
- Lead the annual budgeting and business planning process for the company, establishing effective financial planning, analysis and measurement techniques, and oversees the development of business plans, sales forecasts and budgets.
- Provide analysis of complex situations, preparation of formal presentations, and presentations to parent company or other affiliates, company’s senior management and Board of Directors.
- Prepare, manage and report inter-company service agreements and activities consistent with parent company requirements.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of the business’s financial management strategies and implements steps to improve them.
- Assist in identifying business opportunities and providing strategic assessments for senior executive management.
- Hire, train, manage and develop department staff which includes conducting performance reviews and addressing department concerns.
- Lead and manage facilities operations and ensure that physical plants/offices meet business requirements, including all aspects of space planning and utilization.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Information Technology to build new systems and technology that will make it easier for our employees to perform their jobs.
- Support the enablement of 3PL integration into Fusion for commercialization support. Build the revenue and inventory modules to support this activity.
- Partner with the Commercial team on launch planning activities related to financial systems/ processes. Spearhead the Financial SOPs for a commercial company.
- Lead the Oncology Asset Impairment Valuation process.
- In collaboration with Internal Audit, identify internal control procedures that need to be amended to comply with DSP J-SOX policies and procedures in support of our Lehi operations.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with Internal Audit in order to tighten internal controls.
- Revise the purchase order (PO) process for SDP Oncology that does not require legal engagement.
- Ability to understand and apply treatment of business development proposals (equity, contingent considerations, etc.).
- Work in a matrixed environment to assess financial implications of COVID-19 situation accommodating return to office in future and concerning subleasing or repurposing the existing laboratories.
- Spearhead the Facilities operations team to assess “Facilities Ticketing” system to track issues, response and repair timelines and costs associated with each issue.
- Manage bi-annual committee and reporting; assess ability/costs on Records & Information management.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience, Master's degree and/or CPA preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in managing finance/accounting/FP&A and Information Technology function, coupled with other operational functions.
- 12+ years management/leadership experience with previous experience as a Chief Financial Officer.
- Experience in life science industry preferably mix of large and small company environments; previous global responsibility preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a subsidiary of a foreign parent company.
- Proven success in supporting Research and Development (R&D) and commercial functions is essential.
- Must possess demonstrated decision-making ability, experience in managing budgets and proven resource management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and influence management skills.
- High level of technical, organizational and project management skills and knowledge of business management practices.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze problems, set objectives and develop effective solutions.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Equal Opportunity Employer
California residents, please visit www.SDPOncology.com/CAprivacynotice for information on our privacy practices.