The Sr. Director - Medical Communications & Operations is a critical leadership role that provides medical and scientific leadership for Medical Affairs with multi-faceted responsibilities and a high-level of accountability. This role delivers guidance and oversight to IST, publications, and medical education, and ensures scientific accuracy and alignment with Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Oncology objectives.
- Provide medical/scientific Oncology expertise to cross-functional teams in the development of educational materials, understanding the published literature, and provide direction and input to company documents to ensure scientific accuracy
- Provide strategic review of Oncology investigator-initiated studies (IST), participate in IST scientific review, partners to develop and deliver a high-quality phase IV strategy
- Lead Medical Affairs global scientific publication process, Thought Leader development initiatives and medical congress activities. Ability to successfully manage vendors
- Ensure all regional activities are consistent with global medical strategy
- Ensures Medical Affairs goals and objectives are met, and projects completed on time and within budget, Optimizes medical affairs resource prioritization across the oncology pipeline
- Provide medical/scientific expertise and insight to commercial through membership of the Oncology launch Teams and medical review of promotional materials
- Provide Medical Affairs input to clinical development programs
- Establishes and maintain strategic external alliances including thought leaders, advocates, advisors, consultants. Build strong relationships and scientific communication with internal experts
- Develop strategy and execution of scientific advisory boards with key opinion leaders and external customers
- Represent SDPO products to thought leaders and scientific advisors, contribute directly to the presentation and delivery of scientific and clinical data on pipeline and marketed products to appropriate healthcare stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced Life Sciences degree required, Doctorate strongly preferred (MD, PharmD, PhD)
- 10+ years in pharmaceutical with of progressive Scientific and Medical Affairs experience or relevant work experience required
- Experience interacting effectively with field based medical teams, Strong understanding of pharmaceutical industry laws, regulations, and guidelines regarding medical information and scientific communications
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and collaboration
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on, pro-active with colleagues and external stakeholder
- Strong subject matter knowledge complemented by sound business acumen
- Organized and adept at building/maintaining relationships
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Equal Opportunity Employer
California residents, please visit www.SDPOncology.com/CAprivacynotice for information on our privacy practices.