Partner with the VP HR & Administration and other HR colleagues to translate business priorities into HR plans and deliverables and provide operational HR support to Research, Development, Commercial and G&A groups. Support the building of a positive, engaged culture consistent with the company’s mission and values that work to assimilate the interests, talents, and contributions of its employees in a dynamic environment.
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify organizational goals and priorities and translate priorities into development and implementation of HR related solutions.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and set an example as a proactive HR practitioner who earns respect by demonstrating sound understanding of business objectives and thoughtful identification and execution of HR solutions.
- Proactively identify potential roadblocks and opportunities and leverage HR expertise and other resources to provide input and solutions.
- Promote HR culture of approachability, confidentiality and responsiveness and model the company’s core values; drive achievement and issue resolution. Identify and drive improvement opportunities in the delivery of HR services.
- Help build and maintain effective linkages across the HR disciplines (including Shared Services) to ensure design and delivery of HR solutions across the enterprise through proactive planning, communication and shared accountability.
- Provide leadership/management coaching and feedback; acting as a “sounding board“ for managers and general employee population on business and people priorities.
- Partner with leaders to initiate and implement optimal organizational structure to accomplish business objectives, leverage & retain talent and drive engagement; help shape business operating culture.
- Develop and lead projects and/or work with appropriate 3rd party resources to drive HR solutions.
- Ensure that HR policies are current and learning/training system/process support the needs of the business.
- Manage the resolution of complex employee relations issues, leading / assisting in the investigation of employee complaints and partnering with legal counsel when needed. Advise and counsel management regarding appropriate disciplinary actions to create consistency and ensure minimal legal risk.
- Analyze turnover, exit interview and other key HR data to proactively identify trends, and provide/enact recommendations for improvement.
- Support development of the HR budget and may manage certain aspects of the HR budget.
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues from the parent company, internal/external partners, and relevant affiliates.
- Coordinate the functional planning and execution of annual HR processes including goal setting, performance evaluation, merit/promotion decisions, compensation planning and talent management.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Travel requirements subject to business needs (estimated ~25%).
- MBA, MS in Organizational Development, Human Resource Management or related field preferred.
- 12-15+ years of demonstrated experience as an HR practitioner with progressive HR generalist responsibilities.
- Significant background in the life sciences sector i.e., pre & commercial stage biotech/pharma/medical device companies.
- Knowledge of Japanese culture preferred.
- General expertise in all facets of the HR domain.
- Demonstrated business acumen, data driven, and well-developed ability to align people strategy/initiatives with business needs.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated track record of exhibiting strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Ability to leverage analytics to help leaders make insightful and informed decisions.
- Skilled conflict resolution facilitator particularly around sensitive issues.
- Excellent problem solver … demonstrated creativity/resourcefulness.
- Track record of working collaboratively to build strong relations across business groups and functions.
- Results oriented; able to work independently and exercise sound judgment; able to think on your feet.
- Agile, flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Agile learner with capacity to learn, grow and assume expanded duties as the business evolves.
- Ability to think strategically and consistently deliver tactical results
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local legislation relating to Human Resources, i.e. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA, etc.
- Detail oriented with established ability to effectively handle multiple priorities while honoring commitments to deliver high quality results.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
California residents, please visit www.SDPOncology.com/CAprivacynotice for information on our privacy practices.