We are looking for a talented Scientist within Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Oncology’s Pre-Clinical Research Group. The purpose of this position is to perform all duties related to experimental design and execution, data analysis, general laboratory responsibilities, and assisting/mentoring colleagues and/or interns. These procedures allow for a laboratory functioning efficiently to produce quality data that will translate into publications and most importantly advances in the clinic. He or She will work as part of Pre-clinical team and will be expected to work effectively with colleagues, be self-motivated, and have excellent communication skills. Candidate should be skilled in a variety of laboratory techniques. An ideal candidate will have experience working with animal models. Candidate should be independent enough to run systematic studies once properly trained. The Candidate should be comfortable working in a Matrix environment and will take part in multiple aspects of Drug Discovery research. The candidate will be responsible for planning, execution, QC, data analysis and communication with other groups. The candidate is expected to collaborate in the preparation and presentation of data, journal articles, posters and reports.
- Develop and optimize various types of assays (microscopy, biochemical or cell-based assays, etc., Matrix assay).
- Perform Xenograft/ in vivo imaging studies, based on Project requirements
- Clone constructs and transfect plasmid/siRNA
- Develop Good Laboratory Practice protocols,
- Work collaboratively with fellow associates to ensure timely analysis and reporting of research results,
- Keep detailed logs of the experiments, familiar with Lab Archives and report scientific findings through write-ups, presentations, posters, and manuscripts,
- Mentor students, instruct fellow employees,
- Perform general laboratory duties as required including cell culture, maintaining and cleaning of equipment and lab environment, managing and performing the selection and purchasing of equipment and research supplies under guidance from senior staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD degree in a related field of science (Biology, Immunology, Oncology, Biochemistry).
- Proficient in communicating findings in written form.
- Experience working with cancer cell lines.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), PRISM and any imaging software packages used to prepare figures for publication.
- Ability to summarize techniques and findings in written form.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Western blotting, qPCR, Luminex assay, Biochemical assay
- Experience in Imaging Techniques (IHC, fluorescence microscopy), In vivo Imaging
- Prior experience in the following topics are considered differentiating factors:
- experience in Organoid Cultures, Xenograft studies, Syngeneic mice models, GEM models, Humanized mice models.
Job Location: Lehi, UT
Equal Opportunity Employer
California residents, please visit www.SDPOncology.com/CAprivacynotice for information on our privacy practices.