The Research Scientist will work in our Discovery Biology lab and will be part of the Discovery Biology team. The position is focused primarily on the Company’s in vitro and in vivo preclinical research efforts. He or she will be responsible to perform all duties related to experimental design and execution, data analysis, presentation of laboratory results, general laboratory responsibilities and assisting colleagues and/or mentoring interns. He or she must be self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, collaborative, and willing to take risks.
- Develop and optimize various types of high-throughput assays (including molecular and cell-based assays).
- Screen sets of compounds to evaluate potency and specificity.
- Basic cellular and molecular biology skills (including but not limited to molecular cloning, siRNA/shRNA, transfection, recombinant virus, qPCR, western, ELISA, reporter assays, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence microscopy).
- Develop animal models for various oncologic indications (including but not limited to xenograft models, animal dosing, tissue/sample preparation for downstream analysis).
- Manage out-sourced projects at CRO (including project discussion and initiation, experimental design, progress follow-up, and project conclusion.)
- Develop Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) protocols and follow SOPs.
- Work collaboratively with fellow scientists to ensure timely analysis and reporting of research results.
- Keep detailed logs of the experiments (electronic lab notebook) and report scientific findings through write-ups, presentations, and posters.
- Read and summarize current scientific literature for assigned programs.
- Perform general laboratory duties as required, including maintaining and cleaning of lab equipment, purchasing of research supplies under guidance from senior staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to summarize techniques and findings in written form.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Required Education, Years of Experience and Certifications
- PhD degree in a related field of science (Biology, Molecular & Cellular Biology, etc).
- 1-2 years’ experience working with animal models is preferred (mice).
- Knowledge of oncology, assay development, and high-throughput screening is preferred.
Job Location: Lehi, UT
Equal Opportunity Employer
California residents, please visit www.SDPOncology.com/CAprivacynotice for information on our privacy practices.