The Financial Analyst on the Planning and Analysis team provides integral business partnership support to the functional departments, finance, and leadership team to execute the financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis process. This role facilitates financial reporting and analysis for Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Oncology’s leadership team, assists in the preparation of financial plans and forecasts based on the Company’s strategy, and performs financial analysis and scenarios using appropriate financial concepts and techniques.
- Partner with functional groups to forecast operating expenses and update the quarterly financial forecast and future year budget.
- Assist in building out and maintaining financial statements and providing monthly reporting to financial management and business partners.
- Monitor and report ongoing business performance against budget and forecast, working with business partners to understand variances in order to update the forecast and provide insightful commentary for financial reporting.
- Leverage financial systems to build and maintain various allocation, reporting, and planning models.
- Partner with functional groups and human resources to assist in headcount and contractor reporting and planning.
- Assist in the completion of the Mid-term and Long-range business plans as needed.
- Develop cross-functional relationships demonstrating the value that a finance team and consistent financial reporting can add to the decision-making process.
- Partner with the accounting function to help ensure expenses and accruals are properly stated and that the budget/forecast reflects proper accounting methods.
- Support achievement of project goals and timelines.
- Other projects/duties as necessary.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline.
- 1+ years of relevant finance, accounting, or business consulting experience. Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Advanced financial modeling skills.
- Knowledge of financial statements (income statements, balance sheets and cash flows).
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with automated financial and accounting reporting and planning systems.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and advanced excel skills.
- Professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional leaders to achieve results.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Equal Opportunity Employer
California residents, please visit www.SDPOncology.com/CAprivacynotice for information on our privacy practices.