The role of Director of Forecasting is to manage the design and execution of global forecasting capabilities to support decision making and strategy development for oncology assets in all phases of development (Pre-clinical, Phase I – III) and Business Development opportunities. Responsibilities also include planning and management for in-line brand forecasts, tracking performance, and presenting insights to cross-functional teams and senior management.
- Collaborate with finance and Global Corporate Strategy to update current forecasts as needed for planning activities (i.e. budget, New Product Planning, Portfolio Review).
- Manage and update monthly operational brand forecasts leveraging primary market research, secondary data analytics and competitive intelligence
- Develop/integrate metrics for tracking performance
- Provide timely sales opportunity assessments with supporting documentation for each of the development teams as part of the Mid-Term Business Plan and Portfolio Review process.
- Create forecast models to support ongoing businesses including Business Development
- and External Innovation activity to include epidemiology, competitive landscape, market input and potential revenue assessment.
- Deliver robust quantitative market assessments with clear articulation of the key drivers, sensitivities, risks and opportunities. Delivering high-impact, well-thought out presentations leveraging supporting data to establish forecasting story
- Provide manufacturing forecast updates to manufacturing team as requested and at key intervals. Manufacturing forecast should incorporate demand, inventory requirements and recommended safety stock.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to develop a strategic approach to various forecast processes, including Monte Carlo simulations, impairment process and portfolio planning to improve efficiency and utilization
- Ensure cross functional communication and alignment to provide transparency of forecast
- Develop and deploy advanced methodologies and analytic tools and capabilities which reflect best practices.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales forecasting in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior success designing and executing on a variety of forecasting methodologies to support new market entry and early stage assets globally.
- In-depth understanding of the economics of biotech/pharma R&D as well as the regulatory and market dynamics that effect these industries.
- Strong understanding of market analytics and gathering competitive intelligence with secondary research.
- Able to work effectively in a fluid, cross-functional environment and stand out as a strong collaborator with the ability to develop strong partnerships.
- Good problem-solving ability, breaking down complex problems into distinct parts, managing uncertainty, understanding and anticipating interdependencies.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Hands-on, inquisitive, anticipatory, precise, objective, strategic. Proactive and results oriented. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to think strategically, identify key issues and value drivers, and translate strategic insights into an appropriate analytic framework
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
California residents, please visit www.SDPOncology.com/CAprivacynotice for information on our privacy practices.