The Director/Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for leading the management and oversight of financial planning and operational finance. This includes company-wide Financial Planning and Analysis process, including annual budget and quarterly financial forecasts. Proven track record of being a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, innovative, and strategic thinker. This individual will be an inspiring leader that can further develop a team of finance professionals who are looking to enhance their growth and make an impact.
- Lead the Finance Business Partner function by fostering strong cross-functional relationships. Help the company understand how all the pieces fit together and drive performance
- Develop, implement and lead FP&A best practices, procedures and processes to drive best in class forecasting & planning, business insight and analysis, and to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Monitor and interpret analyst models to provide visibility to senior leadership on variation from current modeling
- Develop long-range plans and short-term forecasts with senior leadership that focus on understanding activities and cost drivers associated with clinical trial activities
- Create high-quality variance and trend analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for budgeting and forecasting.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes
- Work side by side with the business and maintain high level of business partnering to achieve desired results and business needs
- Spearhead the development of mid-term and long-term business plans in support of strategic growth initiatives
- Oversee Finance preparation of business reviews that highlight key risks, opportunities, and proposed action steps. Leverage internal capabilities and industry best practices to bring innovation to systems and processes
- Select and implement ways of working and systems that enhance financial rigor, enable more thinking and less data manipulation, and bring controls yet allow for the nimbleness and investment needed at a fast-growing company
- Enhance management reporting and commentary that provides senior leaders with timely insights into trends, operational results, and growth drivers. Scale the Company's growth through creation of financial tools, business modeling and planning
- Partner with the Accounting team for month-end and quarter-end close reporting
- Work with senior management to maintain long range planning that incorporates the financial impacts of Company strategies and initiatives
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions Education, Registration & Certification
- Support and manage relationships, forecasts with collaborators including milestone management working closely with Business Development and legal teams.
- Serve as the ambassador in providing senior leadership with financial data to assist with business development and merger/acquisition activities
- Spearhead cost center project level management activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field. Master’s or MBA preferred
- 8+ years of experience in the finance field with 2 years in a leadership role
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech FP&A experience required
- Highly analytical and can easily transition between being strategic and completing the hands-on tasks while we grow
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and be motivated by the challenge of a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrable experience in driving continuous improvement within the financial planning analysis function
- Goal-oriented with a bias towards action
- Strategic vision; constantly challenge the status quo and push to find what's next
- Outstanding written, oral, and presentation skills and can communicate complex financial matters to broad audiences
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Equal Opportunity Employer
California residents, please visit www.SDPOncology.com/CAprivacynotice for information on our privacy practices.